Despite the fact that marriage rates among men and women have fallen in the last ten years, many people are still looking to marry. Paying attention to recent marriage trends may provide you with hints on how to find a wife with whom you can build a strong marriage. You can also increase your chances by looking for your ideal match in your daily life, or by branching out and trying something new.
Meeting Eligible Women in Your Daily Life
1. Begin by creating an online profile. Online dating has become a popular way to meet your future spouse in the last five years. Statistics vary, but most studies agree that online dating accounts for a significant percentage of new marriages, ranging from 19 to 35 percent.
When it comes to online dating, there is a lot of variety. You could try Chemistry.com, FilipinaLuv.com, eHarmony.com, JDate.com (for Jewish singles), and True.com, to name a few well-known sites.
For women looking for same-sex marriages, Chemistry.com is highly rated. Same-sex couples will not be matched by eHarmony.
2. To find a spouse, go on a date at work. After thoroughly researching your company’s employee dating policy, invite a coworker you find attractive out to happy hour or a nice dinner where you can talk and discuss the possibility of a relationship. If she appears hesitant, you could choose a more neutral ground, such as ordering takeout with some mutual office friends late at night.
Avoid dating people you work with. Most companies call this “fraternisation,” and it can be grounds for dismissal because managers are not expected to show favouritism among employees.
In some cases, as a manager, you may make an employee feel awkward by asking her out, which may result in sexual harassment charges.
3. Spend time with your friends and make new acquaintances with theirs. Friends and social connections can lead to the meeting of a spouse for up to 19% of people. If you don’t want your friends to set you up on blind dates, you can always attend house parties, dinner parties, weekend trips, and other activities to broaden your social circle while spending time with your friends.
4. Purchase a drink for a lady. Approximately 9% of people meet their wives in clubs or bars. If the club scene is more your speed and you’re looking for a wife who is, too, you’ll have to work hard to divert prospective partners’ attention away from the music, lights, and other club-goers.
In addition to your pub and club wife-hunting, you may want to try other techniques to increase your chances of meeting a wife.
People who go to bars are frequently looking to meet new people. The desire for a committed relationship, on the other hand, is not a guarantee.
5. Meet women at church or other religious gatherings. Although only 4% of people report meeting their spouse at church, you can be confident that women you meet at a religious gathering will share your interests and values. This is frequently the starting point for a relationship that can blossom into a long-term commitment.
Friends you make at your religious gathering may also be able to introduce you to women who share your values, which could lead to a suitable pairing.
Branching out to Meet Women
1. Participate in a co-ed sports team or take a class. The more like-minded people you meet, the more likely it is that those people will be or will introduce you to the woman of your dreams. Aside from co-ed leagues, you could take a class at a community centre in an area of interest, such as cooking or creative writing.
Photography, dance, painting, and stand-up comedy
2. Reconnect with people from your past. A shared history can help you and your potential future wife form a strong bond. You might run into an old friend or classmate at a reunion or on Facebook. Look through profiles and alumni announcements to see where your childhood friends are, and consider reaching out to a few you think you’d get along with.
Given your shared history, it should be relatively easy to suggest catching up over coffee or grabbing a bite to eat.
3. Please accept wedding invitations. Weddings are joyous gatherings where many invitees’ thoughts turn to their own marital status, making weddings an excellent event for meeting a marriage-minded partner. Invite single women you meet at weddings to dance, and then when the night is done, give her your card and suggest another meeting.
4. Volunteering allows you to meet women. Volunteering not only has many health benefits, such as reducing chronic pain and decreasing your risk of heart disease, but it also puts you in contact with like-minded people. This usually translates to a solid foundation upon which to build a relationship and, eventually, a marriage. You could find your future wife volunteering at: a community garden.
A festival or other local community event.
A community improvement project, such as a clean-up.
5. Attend community events. The types of events you’re likely to attend will also attract women who share your interests. Most people attend these types of gatherings to socialise, which may make it easier for you to find your match. If you are shy and believe you will struggle going it alone, you could:
Meet women at a neighbourhood cookout.
Attend local music/art shows to mingle with the fairer sex.
Participate in community festivals and celebrations.
Using Marriage Trends to Your Advantage
1. Consider relocating to a new state where marriage rates are higher. Wyoming, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Idaho, and Utah are the best states for marrying if you are under the age of 27. If you are over the age of 30, consider Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and New York, where older brides and grooms are common.
The average age in most states is under 30. First marriage statistics for men over 35 tend to decline, so keep this in mind if you’re thinking about relocating.
2. Look for someone who is a little younger. According to a study published in the European Journal of Operational Research, the highest marriage success rate was found when the wife was five years younger than her husband. Though it is not a guarantee that a younger woman is right for you, considering this when looking for a wife may increase your chances of a successful union.
3. Go to college or return to college. According to a Facebook data analysis, 28 percent of married Facebook users met their spouses while in college. Martin Luther College, Harding University, and Faith Baptist Bible College were the best colleges for men to find wives.
Stanford, Harvard, the University of Georgia, Bowdoin College, the University of Texas-Austin, Columbia, the University of Chicago, Wellesley College, Vanderbilt, and the Culinary Institute of America were also excellent choices.
The New York Times reported in 2006 that marriage rates for single men over 40 with no college degrees were declining. Because of women’s high education rates, fewer women are marrying and expecting to be more economically dependent. A college education may increase your chances of marrying.
4. Look for someone from the same social class as you. According to many reports, women who are upwardly mobile and career-oriented will seek out men who are similarly ambitious. Sites such as itsjustlunch.com provide dating services for people who are both busy and career-oriented.
Dating outside your social class can cause many problems in a relationship, such as making you feel insecure because you can’t afford her desired lavish lifestyle.
A lack of shared life experience between you and your prospective spouse can also lead to conflict.
Creative Commons License