Thinking about the guy you have a crush on can cause your heart to race and your palms to sweat. When you like someone, whether you’ve known them for a long time or have only been talking for a few days, your first thought is to wonder how they feel about you. It’s natural to want to know how the guy you’re crushing on feels once your feelings for him become clear. There are many ways to get a guy to confess his feelings for you quickly so you don’t have to waste time guessing. You’ll be able to find the best approach once you’ve identified your man.
Making Sure the Guy Is Open and Ready
1. Check to see if he hasn’t already made a commitment to someone else. You don’t want to step on anyone’s toes by attempting to persuade an already taken man to confess his feelings for you. You also don’t want to get your hopes up about a guy who is preoccupied with someone else they may be interested in. It won’t take much effort to figure out what’s going on. You only need to do a little digging among friends, on social media, or simply ask him questions. Here are some questions to ask in order to find out:
If you have the courage, ask him if he is already seeing someone during one of your regular conversations. Ask casually, “Are you dating anyone?” or “Are you currently pursuing anyone?” Simply asking will not reveal any of your emotions.
If you can’t ask him, either because you’re too shy or because you don’t see him very often, try asking one of his friends. In a conversation, bring him up and ask, “Do you know if he is dating anyone?”
If you can’t ask anyone, see if he has posted his relationship status on Facebook or another social media platform.
2. Find out what he thinks about dating and relationships. If you find out that he is single, you should try to find out what his thoughts are on relationships. This will allow you to determine whether or not you and your partner are on the same page when it comes to dating. Be subtle and try to get some one-on-one time together just the two of you. Here are some questions you can ask him to start a dating conversation:
“When was your most recent relationship?”
“Would you like to date?”
“Do you go on dates frequently?”
3. Keep your interactions with him light and enjoyable. During your interactions, try to always have pleasant and fun conversations to see if he wants to joke around with you. You could even poke his shoulder gently during a conversation to see how he reacts. It’s a good sign if he laughs and teases you back. Humor is a good way to open a guy’s heart that is leaning towards you because it shows that you are interested, which makes the guy feel more at ease.
Make sure you laugh when he tells a joke. This will boost his confidence and give him permission to express his feelings to you.
A gentle touch on his arm or shoulder is a friendly way to express your interest.
4. Keep an eye out for signs of chemistry between you. If you find yourself constantly laughing with one another and sharing similar interests, chances are you have a mutual attraction. The constant laughing and smiling are the most obvious signs that something is going on between you two. When a guy has a crush on you, he will use your name as much as possible. Here are a few more indicators that he is hiding his true feelings:
If he is constantly fidgeting with his hands or other objects, it is a sign that he is overstimulated by you and is definitely attracted to you.
He might scrutinise your appearance and point out minor details. This is known as imprinting, and it is caused by an increase in dopamine levels.
Getting Him To Open Up
1. Create a trustworthy relationship. Show interest in him as a person to make him feel special. Inquire about his interests and future ambitions. Maintain a positive attitude and be open to what he tells you in order to make him feel at ease. Tell him vulnerable things about yourself that will make him feel special and show him that you trust him with important information about you.
Tell him about your biggest fears or one of your most embarrassing moments.
If you demonstrate your trust in him, he will be more at ease and open with you.
2. Listen to him and refrain from passing judgement. Allow him to reveal his true self to you. Let him know he is not being judged and that you appreciate the things that make him unique. The goal is to build trust between you and him so that he knows he can talk to you about anything. A man may become hesitant to share intimate feelings. The fact that you have the ability to reject him could be what is holding him back. Inform him that you will not criticise or dismiss his feelings about personal matters.
Guys need to feel free of judgement in order to open up emotionally.
3. Do not suffocate him. Guys don’t like feeling trapped by another person. Fawning over him may actually turn him off. Even if he has feelings for you, he will delay telling you because he may dislike how clingy you are.
Please be patient. Trying to move too quickly may frighten him and cause him to be less open in your presence.
Don’t spam him with text messages. You shouldn’t be the first person to text him in the morning and the last person to text him in the evening. Make sure your text exchanges with each other are more equal than one-sided.
At least half of the time, he should initiate hanging out with you. If you ask him to hang out and he says he can’t, let him be the one to invite you to do so next time.
4. Avoid chasing him down. If you pursue a guy you like in the hopes that he will confess his feelings for you, he may decide to flee. Being pursued may be more exciting for him than confessing his feelings for you. He may begin to enjoy being pursued by you rather than being the one to pursue you! Allow him to realise that he does not want to lose you by taking a step back for a moment. This will encourage him to express his feelings to you.
Don’t show up to his work or home unless he asks you to.
If you happen to run into him at a party, don’t follow him around all night. Mix with other friends and demonstrate your ability to hold your own.
There can only be one person chasing, and you don’t want it to be you.
5. Be genuine and humble. Pretending to be confident or boastful in order to hide your true feelings will make a man uncomfortable around you because he will detect your deception. If he is unsettled, he cannot be honest with you about how he is feeling. Be confident in who you are, but don’t brag or come across as arrogant, as this will turn him off.
Do not disparage other people or extol your own virtues. Instead, offer compliments, listen carefully, and remember that it is okay to be incorrect.
If he hears you passing judgement on other people, he will be afraid that you will pass judgement on him as well.
6. Flirt with his friend a little. If you focus your attention on one of his friends, he may begin to fear losing your interest in someone else and quickly let you know he is interested in you. You don’t have to go too far with your flirtation; simply engaging in a fun conversation with one of his friends for the evening may be enough to arouse some jealousy. Here are some questions you might want to ask his friends:
“What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?”
“What do you do for a living?” or “What kind of job do you want to have in the future?”
“Can you tell me about your favourite movies?”
7. Don’t let him become too certain of your feelings too soon. He may be withholding his feelings from you because he believes he already has you and thus does not need to. Once you’ve determined that you want him to confess his feelings for you, try to play hard to get by not always being available to hang out or not answering your phone every time he calls. This will shorten the amount of time it takes him to express his true feelings for you.
Allow him to miss you or wonder what you’re up to. Give him the option of texting or calling you first.
If he asks what you’re up to over the weekend, be honest, but respond positively. You could say, “This weekend I’m spending time with friends and going to see a movie,” or “This weekend I’m hanging out with my family for a little bit and then I’m not sure what I’ll do after that.”
Whatever you say, don’t respond with anything that implies you’ll be bored and sitting at home because that comes across as desperate.
8. In a charming and cute way, ask him if he likes you. Nothing bad will happen to you or him if you simply ask him how he feels. If he is hesitant to express his feelings, be honest and tell him you like him. It may cause him to declare his undying love for you. Feel free to ask him if you’ve already formed a close friendship and have noticed that he responds to your smiles and flirts with you. You can ask him in a variety of ways, including:
Try sitting or standing next to him and telling him, “”I like you, and I’m wondering if you like me as well?” or “I really enjoy spending time with you, and I’m hoping you enjoy spending time with me as well.” Do you think I’m attractive? “..
If he doesn’t know what to say at first, make him laugh and say, “You like me, don’t you?!” He will undoubtedly succumb to your allure.
If he says yes, you’ve achieved your heart’s desire. If the answer is no, at least you’ll know so you can stop wasting time and move on. Don’t be concerned if he takes his time thinking; he may be having difficulty putting his thoughts into coherent words.
If you hint to him that you like him and that you welcome his feelings, he might open up and admit he likes you.
Creative Commons License