They say that all is fair in love and war, and few weapons are more powerful than jealousy on the battlefield of love. This eHow To is for you if you want to make a guy jealous.
1. Check to see if he has feelings for you. Jealousy is only effective if the guy has feelings for you. You’ll have a difficult time making him jealous if he’s completely uninterested. The good news is that any guy you’re dating or have dated is almost certainly interested in you, as are guys who have been flirting with you. If you’re not sure if a guy is interested in you, you can always try to make him jealous.
Though it’s impossible to know for certain if he has feelings for you without asking, there are numerous tell-tale signs that he has a crush on you. If he pays special attention to you in groups, makes a point of ignoring you in groups, or is constantly caught staring at you, he probably has a crush on you.
Of course, if you play your cards right, you can make a guy notice you more by making him jealous, but this will be more difficult if there isn’t some initial interest.
2. Put on your best face. You can’t go around in your sweatpants and bed head if you want to make the guy jealous. You probably don’t want to wear a mini skirt and stilettos, but you should try to look cute when you know he’ll see you so he’ll notice. Simply make an effort to style your hair, wear flattering clothes, and appear to have spent time on your appearance.
This means you should try to look like a version of yourself rather than a celebrity or a supermodel.
3. Allow him to see you having a good time. The best thing you can do is enjoy yourself without the guy you want to make jealous. This can include laughing with your girlfriends, dancing the night away at a party, or simply doing something that makes you happy and free. Give your full attention to whatever you’re doing, and the guy will see that you’re having a great time – and not thinking about him at all! What could possibly make him more envious than that?
If he notices you looking around the room for him or putting on an act for him, he is unlikely to be jealous. Make certain that he does not believe he is on your mind at all. That’ll drive him insane.
4. Maintain your level of activity. Do things that you enjoy. If you’re so busy and having fun that you don’t always have time for a guy, he’ll become envious. This method works especially well on ex-boyfriends. It demonstrates that you’re moving on with your life and enjoying it more now that he’s gone. Even if this technique fails to arouse the guy’s jealousy, you’ll be better off. If you don’t keep yourself busy, you’ll spend all of your time obsessing over the guy, and he’ll notice.
If you can’t stop thinking about him and you don’t have anything to do, make an effort to fill your schedule.
If he notices you being busy and doing things that are important to you (other than him), that’s fantastic. He’ll be even more fascinated.
1. Flirt with different guys. Nothing irritates guys more than when a girl they like or are involved with flirts with other guys. Many men are naturally competitive, and if other guys seem to like you, even a guy who wouldn’t have noticed you before may take an interest. Make it clear to the guy that you’re flirting by doing it in front of him or in situations where you know it will come back to him.
If you flirt with too many guys in a short period of time, he might notice, especially if you’re not normally a flirt.
But don’t be too obvious about it, or he might think you’re the type of girl who’s easy to get and flirt with. We don’t want to make a bad first impression, do we?
There’s a distinction to be made between casual flirting and leading a guy on. Don’t over-flirt with a guy you know likes you just to get back at someone else, because you’ll raise the poor guy’s hopes.
2. Date other men. Dating other guys elevates flirting to a whole new level, and it has the same effect on the guy’s jealousy. Getting out and seeing other people is a great way to keep your independence and make the guy you want try harder to get you or, in the case of an ex, really regret losing you, especially if you have just started dating a guy or if a guy has just dumped you. Of course, you shouldn’t date people you despise just to get even with your ex, because you’ll end up hurting feelings and complicating things more than necessary.
Act naturally if you and the guy you’re dating happen to be around the guy you’re trying to make jealous. Allow him to see you having a good time rather than laughing too loudly or trying too hard to say, “Take a look at me! I’m having a fantastic time without you!”
3. Try casually ignoring him. If he and another person you know are on the bus together, greet the friend rather than the guy you’re trying to make jealous. If he reacts quickly, he likes you. If not, he’s probably unconcerned. You don’t have to be rude or ignore him completely, especially if he approaches you, but you also shouldn’t go out of your way to talk to him or let him know you notice him.
If he texts you frequently, don’t respond right away. Allow at least a day or two to convince him that you have more important things to do than respond to him right away (even if you don’t!).
If he says hello to you in the halls, you can say hello back, but don’t stop and talk to him; you have places to go!
4. Spend time with your male friends. Even if you don’t go on dates, it’s a good idea to have some guy friends with whom you can hang out. Even if you’re in a committed relationship, having male friends is fine, but when you hang out with them, your boyfriend will probably be jealous and nervous.
Just completely shut him out, and he’ll become envious. Pretend you don’t care about him. Put it on, and you’ll have a foolproof jealousy strategy.
5. Make him perspire a little. You’ll lose some of your mystery if you’re always available for him, and mystery can breed jealousy. For example, don’t always return his phone calls. Be vague about what you were doing when you call him back a couple hours later—you should definitely call him back if you’re interested. Assume you were out with a friend or otherwise occupied. Simply not answering the phone may cause him to wonder what you’re up to and who you’re with.
In the same vein, if he calls to see if you want to do something, it’s okay to say you have other plans, even if you don’t really.
6. Make use of social media. You are not required to post a photoshoot of you and ten hot guys playing a casual game of beach volleyball. You can, however, use your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other accounts to show the guy that you’re living a wonderful life without him. You can use social media to make the guy jealous and annoyed that you have a whole life that does not include him, whether you post pictures with guys you know, mention an amazing party or museum you went to that weekend, or simply show the world how much you love your best friends.
But don’t post too frequently or he’ll think the opposite – that you have no life. Simply posting something two or three times per week should suffice.
7. Don’t make it too obvious. Believe it or not, a lot of guys can tell when you’re trying to make them jealous. Sometimes the best thing you can do is smile flirtatiously at another guy, and the guy whose attention you seek will be all ears. It’s the subtle things that can really make the guy you want to make jealous take notice, so don’t go too far out of your way to make the guy see how much you don’t need him.
Keep doing what you’re doing if he’s in the same room as you. He’ll be able to tell if you change your entire personality just to make the guy jealous.
Knowing What to Say
1. Discuss other guys in front of him. When you do this, you can’t be too obvious. If you say something like, “I was hanging out with Mark all weekend – Mark is so hot!” he’ll know you’re just trying to ruffle his feathers. Instead, say something along the lines of, “You’ve probably heard of the Arctic Monkeys. Mark burned me their latest CD, and I can’t get enough of it.” A subtle mention of a guy you know will make someone far more envious than raving about all of the guys you know.
Don’t name drop too frequently, either. Mentioning another guy’s name just once or twice during a conversation will do the trick.
2. Don’t be such a jerk. Though making a guy jealous will necessitate you not being the nicest person in the world to him, don’t go too far with it. If you’re openly mean, talk way too much about being with other guys, or just generally don’t act like a gracious, kind person for the sake of making a guy jealous, there will come a point when he’ll be turned off, and when the other people in your life will be annoyed by your behaviour as well.
You can be cruel, especially if you want the guy back, but don’t lose sight of who you are.
3. Maintain a brief conversation. If you do end up talking to the guy you want to make jealous, don’t give him your entire attention. Talk to him for a few minutes before telling him you have to leave, whether you’re going to class, meeting up with friends, or doing nothing at all. If he believes he can talk to you for hours before he has to leave, guess who has power in the relationship. (It isn’t you.) Even if you like him and can’t seem to get away from his baby blues, force yourself to leave.
Don’t give him your undivided attention when you talk to him, either. Make it clear to him that you’re thinking about something else.
4. Keep your plans hidden. If he asks about your weekend, give him a flirtatious smile and simply say, “It was…really amazing.” You can leave it up to him to figure out what you mean – he’ll probably think you meant you had a great time making out with another guy at the movies instead of celebrating your Aunt Flo’s 50th birthday. You don’t have to say, “It’s time for my dentist’s appointment!” if you have to get going. Instead, say, “I’m running late for this…thing I need to get to.” Who are you to argue with him if he thinks it’s a date?
If you want him to be jealous, don’t be an open book. Allow him to speculate on what you might be up to and to conjure up his own scenarios that will make him jealous!
5. If you want to date him, don’t try to make him jealous for too long. If you want to make a guy jealous because he broke your heart and you want him back, that’s fine. However, if you want to make a guy jealous because you like him and believe this ploy will get his attention, know your limits. A little flirtation and jealousy-inducing is fine at first, but if you go too far, the guy may think you’re not interested, aren’t a nice person, or are the type of girl who goes out with every guy. You can reduce the jealousy antics once you and the guy develop a genuine connection.
You can still keep the guy on his toes if you date him, but there are better ways to do so than making him jealous! If you want to start a relationship with him, it must be built on trust rather than doubt and suspicion.
Creative Commons License