Have you ever felt your heart smile as a result of a warm smile from a stranger or a sweet little conversation with a loved one? Have you ever been inspired and appreciated by someone and wished that one day you could have the same impact on the world as they did on you?
1. Be true to yourself. Most people can detect your discomfort if you’re not at ease. Don’t do anything you don’t want to do or feel uncomfortable doing. Don’t alter your personality to please others. It’s your life, and you get to decide what you want to do with it. You may be happy in the short term when you can please someone, but it is unlikely to work out in the long run. Do things that make you feel good about yourself and give your life meaning. Remember that no two people have the same mind or experience. That is what distinguishes us as individuals.
2. Keep an open mind. The effect of making the other person’s self-esteem suffer does not always occur immediately. Keep an eye on what you say and do. Religious intolerance, racism, sexism, stereotypes, criticism, and hatred should all be avoided.
3. Smile whenever you can, to everybody. It will make their day.
4. Follow your instincts, act from the heart.
5. Learn to respect others’ points of view, even if they differ from yours. We’re all meant to be unique.
6. Don’t criticise others for trivial matters because everyone makes mistakes and everyone is unique. Nobody is perfect, no matter how much some people would like to believe otherwise.
7. Never say anything behind other people’s backs. This is a form of emotional abuse. Gossiping, starting rumours, spreading rumours, exaggerating and backstabbing, and other behaviours in this category can cause people to dislike, if not despise, you. It’s hurtful, and no one benefits from it. Don’t be one of those people who gets a boost from putting others down.
8. Love everyone, and forgive those who have hurt you. This step is easier said than done, but completing it will relieve the strain on your heart. Untying the knot will allow you to devote more time to the people and things that are more important to you.
9. Try it out for yourself! Keep other people’s opinions in mind, and be cautious when warnings are issued, but don’t be a sheep! Ricky’s friends may despise him, but that doesn’t make him a bad person. Learn about him on your own.
10. Appreciate life, with all of its ups and downs. It is much easier to have fun this way, and people are usually drawn to people who are cheerful, because most, if not all, people want to feel that joy.
Creative Commons License