You are endowed with a natural beauty that is uniquely yours, but you may wish to enhance your appearance from time to time using makeup or natural strategies. Fortunately, there are numerous quick and simple ways to improve your overall appearance and beauty! Begin with your eyes, which are known as the “windows to your soul,” and then enhance your beautiful smile by making your lips appear larger than they are. Following that, experiment with various techniques to improve the overall appearance of your skin, hair, and nails.
Method 1 Promoting Luminous Skin, Hair, and Nails
1. Wash your face twice a day with a mild facial cleanser to remove makeup. Wash your face with lukewarm water, then use your fingertips to gently massage a dime-sized amount of facial cleanser into your skin. Apply the cleanser to your cheeks, chin, nose, eyelids, and forehead, massaging it in. Avoid rubbing your face with a washcloth or scrubbing it with it. After that, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat your face dry with a clean towel to remove any remaining soap.
Never go to bed with your makeup still on. Before going to bed, always remove your makeup and wash your face.
2. Smoother skin can be achieved by using a skin brush or a loofah. By brushing or scrubbing your skin, you can easily improve the appearance of your complexion. When you shower, use a loofah sponge or a skin brush to gently brush your skin away. Brush in the direction of your heart to encourage better circulation.
Another option for cleansing your skin is to use an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells. The dead skin will be sloughed off, and your skin will appear fresh and smooth afterward.
3. Using your fingertips, apply foundation in thin layers to achieve a natural finish. Foundation is a simple way to make your skin tone more even. Using a makeup sponge, apply a foundation that is a good match for your skin tone to the rest of your face. Apply the foundation in very thin layers, allowing each layer to dry for approximately 5 minutes before applying the next layer of foundation. You will be able to achieve the level of coverage that you desire in this manner.
When applying foundation, for example, you might only need 1 to 2 layers if you want light coverage, but if you want full coverage, you might need 3 to 4 layers.
4. In order to improve the appearance of your skin, you should reduce your intake of sugar and processed carbohydrates. If you consume large amounts of sugar, it can have a negative impact on your skin, such as causing breakouts. As a result, limit your intake of sweets and processed carbohydrates, such as white bread, pasta, and rice. Instead, choose whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to satisfy your carbohydrate cravings instead.
For a quick way to make your skin glow naturally, engage in vigorous exercise for approximately 1 minute. Try running in place, jumping rope, or doing jumping jacks to get your heart rate up.
5. When you don’t have time to shampoo, use dry shampoo instead. Spray dry shampoo all over your roots and work it in with your fingertips if you’re short on time or taking a day off from shampooing your hair regularly. After that, brush your hair thoroughly to ensure that the dry shampoo is evenly distributed. Following your styling session, your hair will appear clean and voluminous.
Dry shampoo can help you save even more time by applying it before you go to bed. The dry shampoo will have more time to absorb the oils in your hair, giving your hair the appearance of having been freshly washed.
6. Buffing your fingernails with a buffing block will give them a shiny appearance. You don’t need to go to the salon to have your nails look shiny and healthy; you can do it yourself. Simply take a buffing block and rub it along the top edges of each of your nails to achieve the desired effect. Allow 15 seconds to pass between each of your nails as you rub the block back and forth.
After you have finished buffing your nails, apply a coat of clear nail polish to give them an extra sheen and shine.
Maintain your skin’s softness and suppleness by keeping a tube of hand moisturiser on hand and applying it throughout the day as needed. This may also aid in the appearance of your nails by making them shine.
Method 2 Trying DIY Beauty Treatments
1. Use a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips in order to smooth and plump them. After you’ve finished brushing your teeth, don’t forget to brush your lips as well! Don’t use toothpaste on your teeth. Simply swish some water on your lips. This quick trick will remove any dead skin from your lips and stimulate circulation, giving the appearance of larger lips.
The use of a lip exfoliating product is another option, as is the creation of your own lip exfoliant by mixing equal parts sugar and olive oil. Exfoliate your lips with the lip exfoliant to slough off dead skin and stimulate blood circulation.
2. To reduce puffiness, place your face in a bowl of ice water and cucumbers. After washing your face as you normally would, fill a large bowl halfway with ice cubes and 1 sliced cucumber and set it aside. After that, fill the bowl halfway with water. Once you’ve taken a deep breath, plunge your face into the bowl and hold it there for as long as you comfortably can, but no longer than 20 seconds. After you’ve lifted your face out of the bowl and taken a deep breath, pat your face with a clean, dry towel to dry it.
After you’ve dried your face, you should continue with your regular skincare routine.
Another option is to rub an ice cube across the bridge of your nose as it melts. Make a point of concentrating on any areas that are puffy, but don’t keep the ice against your skin for more than 10-15 seconds at a time, as this could cause skin damage if left in place for an extended period.
3. Apply the inside of a banana peel to your face to reduce the appearance of fine lines. Take a banana and eat it or use it in a recipe, then peel it and rub the inside of it against your skin, paying particular attention to any fine lines or wrinkles. Allow the banana to sit on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water and patting it dry with a fresh towel.
Bananas can also be used as a moisturising mask by mashing them up and applying them to your face. Allow the mask to sit on your face for approximately 10 minutes before rinsing it off and patting it dry.
4. After you’ve washed your hair, rinse it with apple cider vinegar to give it a shiny finish. Shampoo and condition your hair in the same manner as you would normally. Then, pour 8 fl oz (240 mL) of apple cider vinegar into your hair and let it sit for 10 minutes. After that, rinse your hair with cool water to remove any remaining vinegar and close your hair cuticle, if necessary.
Instead of apple cider vinegar, you can simply rinse your hair with cool water after conditioning it if you do not have any on hand.
5. Make a facial mask to pamper your skin and make it last longer. Look through your pantry and refrigerator for ingredients that you could use to make a homemade facial mask at home. After washing your face, apply the mask to your dry skin and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off completely. After that, moisturise your face as you normally would.
To make a soothing and moisturising face mask, combine 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 cup (120 g) plain yoghurt, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey in a small mixing bowl.
For a pore-shrinking mask, whisk together 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) turmeric in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
To calm skin and reduce redness, combine 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of honey, 1 teaspoon (5 g) of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
Method 3 Getting Bigger, Brighter Eyes
1. To eliminate dark circles under your eyes, apply concealer in a V-shape under your eyes. Smooth the concealer onto your skin in the shape of an upside down triangle under each of your eyes, using your fingertips or a makeup sponge to blend it in. Use a concealer that is 2 to 3 shades lighter than your skin tone. Each triangle should be extended all the way down to the centre of your cheeks.
By applying the concealer in an upside-down triangular shape to the apples of your cheeks, you’ll also brighten the skin on those areas.
2. Curl your eyelashes to give the appearance of larger eyes. When you open the lash curler, press it against your eyelid so that your lashes are sandwiched between the two flexible plates. After that, gently squeeze your lashes down to curl them. Make sure you don’t get your eyelid pinched in the space between the plates.
An eyelash curler can be purchased at a drug store or through the internet.
3. Make your brows arch in order to frame your face. You can use an eyebrow pencil to help you find your natural brow shape if you are having difficulty. Vertically position the pencil with one end beside your nostril and the other end at the start of your brow. Then, tilt the pencil 30 degrees to the right to find your arch, and another 30 degrees to the left to find the end of your brow. Remove any stray hairs from your brows and shape them the way you want them with wax or tweezers if necessary.
If you are not confident in your ability to pluck and shape your own brows, you should have your brows plucked and shaped by a professional.
Alternatively, if you have sparse brows, you might also want to experiment with an eyebrow pencil to fill them in. This will draw the viewer’s attention to your eyes and enhance their beauty further.
4. Apply a thin line of black eyeliner to the inner corners of your eyes to draw attention to them. Using a thick line of eyeliner can detract from your appearance, while using a thin line will subtly enhance your appearance. Draw a thin line along the top edge of your eyelid, parallel to your lashes, and blend it in.
Try to angle the line upwards at the outer edges of your eyes, similar to a wingtip, to give them a more defined appearance. This will also help to draw attention to your eyes and enhance their appearance.
5. Apply a dab of highlighter to the inner corner of your eyelids to make them appear brighter. It will help to draw attention to your eyes if you use a light coloured, shimmery eyeshadow on them. Apply it with an eyeshadow brush or your fingertip to the inner corner of your upper eyelid, right on the inner corner of your upper eyelid.
You can use any shade that is lighter than your natural skin tone to achieve this effect. For example, if you have pale skin, a champagne or silver shadow might be a good choice for you. Using a copper or gold shadow will look great on someone with dark skin.
6. Use false eyelashes to create a more dramatic appearance. When you put on false eyelashes, you will instantly increase the size of your eyes and attract attention to them. Choose a pair of false lashes that you like and trim them to fit your face shape if necessary. To keep the false lashes in place, apply lash adhesive to the lashes.
Keep in mind to take off your false lashes once you have finished wearing them. Make use of makeup remover to loosen them up and then gently pull them away from your face. After that, thoroughly wash your eyelids with a gentle cleanser to remove any remaining eye makeup.
Method 4 Making Your Lips Look Fuller
1. To quickly increase the size of your lips, draw a line around the outside of your mouth. Instead of lining the edges of your lips, try drawing a line around the outer edges of your lips to make them appear larger and more prominent. Draw a line around your lips starting about 0.5 cm (0.20 in) from the edges and going all the way around them. Then, using a lipstick in a complementary colour, fill in the gaps.
Make sure not to extend the line too far outside of your lips, as this will make it appear unnatural.
2. For a quick fix, use a lip gloss or lipstick that contains lip plumping ingredients. Lip glosses and lipsticks that plump the lips can be found in the beauty section of your local grocery or drug store, as well as online. In addition, applying a lip-plumping gloss will instantly make your lips appear fuller, making it an excellent option for those who do not want to experiment with complicated makeup application techniques..
Suggestion: Select lip gloss and lipstick colours that are complementary to your skin tone. This will aid in bringing out your natural beauty to the surface.
3. To achieve fuller-looking lips, apply two colours of nude lipstick on top of each other. Choose two shades of nude lipstick that are complementary to your skin tone and wear them together. To begin, apply the darker shade all over your lips, followed by the lighter shade all over your lips, but only in the centre third of each of your lips.
Alternatively, a small dab of shimmery lip gloss applied over a darker coloured lipstick in the centre of each lip can be a quick and simple solution. This will catch the light and draw the viewer’s attention to the corners of your lips.
Creative Commons License