The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of pyjama pants is probably slouchy, oversized flannel pants that you’d only wear to bed and nowhere else. Pajama pants, on the other hand, are making their way onto the streets and even into the world of high fashion. In the event that you choose to wear pyjama pants during the day, you can keep them as casual as you like or dress them up by adding pieces from your existing wardrobe.
Method 1 Keeping Pajama Pants Casual
1. Choose a T-shirt that is form-fitting to draw attention to your waist. As a result of the possibility of pyjama pants being a little baggy, it’s important to create a visual contrast between your upper and lower bodies. Dress in a form-fitting T-shirt with a V-neck or scoop-neck to draw attention to your waist and torso region.
You can spice up your look by wearing a band or a graphic T-shirt with a message.
Additionally, a cropped T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt can be worn to draw attention to your waist.
A blue V-neck top paired with grey pyjama pants would make for a great casual outfit combination.
2. Wear patterned pyjama pants with a neutral top to complete the look. Pair your patterned pants with a top in a neutral colour such as white, grey, black, or cream if you don’t want your outfit to scream “pyjama set.” These neutral colours really make your pants stand out, and they help you to achieve a chic and casual look at the same time.
The combination of blue pyjama pants with white polka dots and a white tank top and cardigan is stunning.
3. To keep things comfortable, throw on a pair of sneakers. It is all about comfort when it comes to dressing in a casual manner. Choose a pair of sneakers that complement your pyjama pants so that you can walk around all day wrapped in comfort. High top or low top sneakers are appropriate for this occasion, depending on your preference.
A pair of high-top sneakers, a band T-shirt, and a pair of black pyjama pants make for a comfortable outfit for a casual day out.
4. For a fashionable look, tuck your pants into your booties and wear them with a belt. On a chilly fall day, low-heeled booties are a great choice. Tie the bottoms of your pyjama pants into your booties to keep warm while also creating a flattering silhouette all the way down your body.
Warm pyjama pants, brown booties, and an oversized sweater make for a comfortable fall or winter outfit. Image source: Pinterest.
Wearing knee-high boots with pyjama pants can look strange because the fabric tends to bunch up when the boots are worn with them. When you’re wearing pyjama pants, keep your footwear to ankle booties.
5. Keep your accessories warm by wrapping them in a scarf. In addition to the fact that pyjama pants are comfortable and stylish, you can make your outfit stand out by wearing a large scarf. Keep it simple with a tan or cream scarf, or add a splash of colour for a stylish accent.
A pair of grey pyjama pants, a white shirt, and a pink scarf combine to create a stylish outfit that can be worn almost anywhere.
Combine some black sneakers with a grey scarf and a pair of teal or green pyjama pants for a strikingly different ensemble.
Method 2 Dressing up Pajama Pants
1. A structured blouse and silk pyjama pants create a luxurious look that is perfect for the office. Silk pyjama pants automatically infuse a sense of simple elegance into your overall ensemble. Combine these pants with a silky, structured blouse for a nice contrast in the way the pants and blouse fit.
Wearing a navy blue or black blouse with some tan or cream pyjama pants will create a nice contrast between the colours in the outfit.
2. Put on a well-fitting jacket to create a pleasing contrast. If you plan to wear your pyjama pants to a more formal event, dress up your upper half by pairing them with a structured blazer or a tailored jacket. This creates the appearance of a pantsuit while also contrasting with the casualness of the pyjama pants and tee shirt.
A black blazer worn with black pyjama pants can even pass for a formal pantsuit in some situations.
You can also wear a jean jacket to an event that is not related to your job, such as a party or a family gathering.
3. Dress up your pyjama pants with a pair of thin heels to give your look a more polished look. Putting on a pair of high-heeled pyjama pants is the most effective way to elevate your casual outfit. To make your legs appear longer and more defined, wear thin stiletto heels instead of chunky ones with your pyjama pants, which will help to provide some nice structure to your lower half.
Colorful heels with patterned pyjama pants look great with black or tan heels, while neutral pyjama pants look great with red, blue, or pink heels to give them a pop of colour.
Tip: If you’re wearing satin or silk pyjama pants, adding heels to your pyjamas will look best. When cotton blends are worn with more formal shoes, they can look a little out of place.
4. Wearing some chunky heels can help you put together a fashionable ensemble. For this reason, pyjama pants are rarely worn with high heels because they tend to add bulk to the lower half of the body. You can, on the other hand, dress in pyjama pants that are cinched at the ankles and pair them with some chunky heels for a striking contrast.
If you pair a pair of brown chunky heels with some grey pyjama pants and a bright shirt, you’ll have the perfect outfit for a friendly get-together.
5. Make your outfit more eye-catching by accessorising with simple jewellery. Jewelry has the ability to instantly improve the appearance of an outfit. To really dress up your pyjamas pants and move away from the sleepwear look, add a thin necklace, a few bracelets, and a pair of earrings to your ensemble.
Because you are unlikely to fall asleep while wearing a necklace or bracelet, accessorising your outfit with jewellery is an excellent way to dress it up.
A pair of satin pyjama pants with a subtle pattern, some cream heels, a denim jacket, and a few gold bracelets will complete your night out look.
6. Carry a large handbag to give yourself a more fashionable appearance. Making pyjama pants more fashionable is all about bringing back the structure to your ensemble. Handbags that are large and retain their shape effortlessly accomplish this while also being extremely functional.
A black and white handbag, paired with paisley pyjama pants and thin heels, is a great look for a lunch get-together with your friends.
Creative Commons License