Weather that is hot, humid, and rainy can make it difficult to stay cool and comfortable in your clothes. Fortunately, wearing lighter, breezier outfits can help you stay comfortable, and layering properly can help you stay comfortable even when it’s raining. Consider taking a look through your closet to see what kind of rain-friendly outfits you can concoct to wear during the spring and summer heat!
Method 1 Easy Outfit Ideas
1. Choose clothing made of fabrics that are breathable and quick to dry. Because of all of the rain and humidity, it’s unavoidable that your clothes will become a little drier than usual. With this in mind, choose materials that are light and airy, such as cotton, linen, chambray, and jersey. Additionally, look for clothing made of moisture-wicking materials such as bamboo, which will not absorb water when it rains or sweats.
Prevent yourself from wearing materials like leather, heavy denim, and vinyl, which aren’t the best choices for hot, humid climates.
Get rid of any silk clothing you may have. The heat will almost certainly cause you to perspire a little, and silk isn’t the best material for concealing sweat stains from the naked eye. If you really want to feel like you’re wearing silk, opt for a white top instead.
2. Create a dynamic ensemble by layering a transparent raincoat over your clothes. Put on your most comfortable casual outfit, whether it’s a graphic tee, a plain top, or something completely different from the norm. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colours and patterns because, thanks to your transparent raincoat, everything will be visible to the rest of the world as well.
Consider wearing a lightweight blazer and skirt underneath a transparent raincoat, for example.
In addition, a trench coat can be dressed up or down by pairing it with a graphic tee and a pair of skinny jeans.
3. An easy outfit can be created by pairing a lightweight jacket with a dress. The freedom and breeziness that dresses provide can be hard to come by on a hot, rainy day, making them an excellent choice for hot weather. Wearing a long dress with a lightweight trench coat will allow you to take advantage of this. Choose a dress with a vibrant pattern that will contrast nicely with the trench coat to add some zing to the ensemble.
For example, you could wear a long, printed dress with a plaid trench coat for a rainy-day ensemble.
When feeling more minimalistic, opt for a dress in a neutral tone to pair with your trench coat rather than a trench coat.
Dresses and skirts provide a great deal of breathing room for your body, which is especially important in hot, humid weather.
4. With a lightweight trench coat and a casual outfit, you can achieve a sleek appearance. Decide on an outfit that you will feel comfortable wearing while out and about. Slide a trench coat overtop to provide a small amount of protection from the rain and humidity outside of the house. This type of outfit provides you with a great deal of flexibility, so don’t be afraid to customise it to your liking as well!
For example, you could wear your favourite lightweight hoodie with some comfortable leggings and then accessorise with a trench coat to complete the look.
Pair baggy jeans with a loose-fitting top for a more relaxed look.
5. To keep cool, choose a pair of pants that are both comfortable and stylish. Look through your closet and select a pair of pants that are both stylish and comfortable for the current weather. Look for clothing made of lightweight materials such as linen or other breathable pants such as harem pants, culottes, or jeans. Combine these with a loose-fitting top for a quick and easy rain-ready look!
For example, you could pair a basic T-shirt with a pair of boyfriend-style jeans to look casual.
You might also consider wearing a jumpsuit to spice things up a bit.
6. Dress in a pair of jeans and a windbreaker to maintain a laid-back attitude. Put on your favourite pair of jeans, which will keep your ensemble feeling comfortable and relaxed. Put on a breathable top and a windbreaker to keep the chill at bay. Choose a brightly coloured windbreaker for a more dynamic look, or experiment with neutral tones if you prefer a more understated appearance.
For example, you can pair a pastel-toned windbreaker with blue jeans to create a bright and cheerful appearance.
You can also wear a solid-colored windbreaker with your jeans if you want to go for a more casual look.
7. Dress up in a trench coat and a trench dress. Trench dresses are a playful alternative to the traditional trench coat. An elegant trench dress is versatile, and it can be worn by itself or layered over another outfit for added visual impact. Take some time to experiment with different outfit combinations and see what you like best!
For example, you can wear a solid-toned trench dress over a blouse and slacks to create a more formal look.
You can also make a trench dress the focal point of your ensemble by choosing a brightly coloured one.
8. Instead of wearing floor-grazing bottoms, opt for ankle-length pants instead. When the weather is dry, floor-length pants are a great option, but they will become soggy and icky if you wear them in the rain or snow. Instead, look for ankle-length pants or bottoms that won’t drag on the ground, such as a nice pair of skinny jeans or slacks that are tailored to your body type.
For example, a nice pair of slacks can serve as an excellent substitute for floor-length pants.
If it is extremely hot, you may want to forego the pants altogether and opt for shorts.
Method 2 Comfortable Shoes and Accessories
1. Before venturing outside, make sure you have a good pair of rain boots. Don’t be afraid to splurge a little on a nice pair of rain boots that will last a long time. Unfortunately, low-cost rain boots are prone to premature wear and tear, and they may leave you feeling damp and uncomfortable. Keep a pair of rain boots in your home so that you are prepared to go out when the rainy weather arrives.
2. Instead of jewellery, a scarf can be worn. As an alternative to wearing a necklace, wrap a lightweight scarf around your neck. As a result, your jewellery will be less likely to absorb excess water and sweat, which can result in unwanted tarnishing of the metal.
Necklaces are the best candidates for this method. If it’s really raining outside, you might want to consider leaving your jewellery at home for the day to avoid getting wet.
3. Choose a bucket hat to keep the rain off your head and protect your outfit. Put on a bucket hat to ensure that you are fully protected from any rain or moisture that may be headed your way. Your hat can be paired with a flowing garment, such as a dress, or with a simple shirt and jeans—the choice is entirely up to you!
For example, you can wear a bucket hat in a neutral tone with a relaxed midi dress for a casual look that is effortless.
Combine a solid-colored top with jeans and a bucket hat for a casual look.
4. With the help of an umbrella, you can stay dry. Get yourself a bubble umbrella if you live in a rainy and windy area because it may be able to keep you protected from extreme weather. If you prefer a more straightforward solution, keep a small, compact umbrella in your handbag at all times.
5. Make use of a low-cost bag to transport your belongings. When you’re heading out into the rain and humidity, don’t bring your nicest bag with you. Instead, keep a lower-quality bag on hand for rainy days, such as a tote, for convenience.
You can protect your nice accessories from moisture by coating them with a high-density transparent coating, which will help keep them dry when you have to take them out in the rain.
6. Wearing a pair of combat boots will keep you dry. Look through your closet to see if you have any unused shoes, such as a pair of combat boots, that you can use for this project. Look for a pair of sturdy, neutral-colored shoes that will go well with any outfit and will also keep you protected from the heat and humidity.
For example, you can pair a graphic tee with dark shorts and a pair of combat boots to complete the look.
7. If you need to get somewhere quickly, waterproof sneakers are a good option. When it’s hot and humid outside, don’t limit your footwear options to just rain boots. As an alternative, search through your closet or shop online for a pair of waterproof sneakers that can withstand the icky demands of inclement weather, such as rain. Look for a pair of sneakers with a neutral colour scheme that will go with virtually any outfit.
Shoes in light brown or white, for example, are a great match for your outfit.
8. When you’re going outside, avoid wearing flimsy shoes. Opt for more durable footwear such as combat boots and waterproof sneakers rather than flip-flops, which can easily slip off or break when walking through puddles. Additionally, avoid wearing flat or strappy shoes, which do not provide a great deal of support and protection. Instead, choose shoes that make you feel comfortable and secure while walking around in them, and that allow you to be steady on your feet.
Creative Commons License