Do you want to feel fantastic on a physical, mental, and emotional level? Begin with Step 1 below for some fantastic ideas on how to accomplish all three goals at once!
Method 1 Feeling Physically Amazing
1. Take good care of your own personal hygiene. Taking good care of your body and scheduling some “me” time will help you to look and feel your best.
Take a nice, long, hot shower to clear your head. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo and leave your conditioner in for 5 minutes before styling your hair again. Repeat the washing, rinsing, and drying process as many times as necessary.
Apply moisturiser to your face and a dab of deodorant to your underarms before dabbing a dab of perfume to your heart, neck, wrist, and upper back.
Alternatively, you could apply a face mask, give yourself a manicure or pedicure, or even wear a little make-up.
Don’t forget to put on new, clean shirts, pants (or shorts), and socks. In order to keep your shoes smelling fresh and clean, spray them with air freshener.
Floss, brush your teeth, and rinse your mouth with mouthwash to keep your mouth healthy.
2. Get some physical activity. There is nothing quite like the natural high you get from a good workout, so do yourself a favour and get motivated to get moving!
Take a walk or a run in the fresh air — this will allow you to get some exercise while also taking in the sights and sounds. Bring your camera with you in case you come across any great photo opportunities on your journey!
Take a swim — swimming is a great total-body workout that will leave you feeling exhausted but rejuvenated after you finish. Take a refreshing swim in the ocean if you really want to feel revitalised!
Taking up dancing is a great way to get your body moving and burn calories without even realising it. Try your hand at hip-hop, jazz, salsa, ballet, or Zumba — whatever you feel like doing!
Consider participating in a team sport. The benefits of team sports include the opportunity to socialise and make new friends while also staying physically active. Consider becoming a member of a volleyball, soccer, or ultimate frisbee team in your neighbourhood.
3. Consume nutritious foods. When you eat poorly, your body can become bloated, sluggish, and depleted of its energy reserves. Eating healthfully, on the other hand, provides you with more energy, improves your ability to concentrate, and may even assist you in losing weight.
Prepare your meals with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables at each meal, a variety of lean protein sources such as turkey, chicken, and lean beef, a variety of oily fish and seafood sources such as salmon, tuna, sea bass, trout, and oysters, as well as a variety of nutritious whole grains and cereals.
Avoid foods with a high sugar or fat content, as well as foods that have been highly processed, because these are detrimental to your health. A rapid spike in your blood sugar levels is caused by these types of foods, which is then followed by a crash.
Try to keep your portion sizes under control and only eat when you’re hungry. A number of small, healthy snacks spread throughout the day, on the other hand, can help to increase your metabolism and provide you with more energy.
Reduce your intake of sugary sodas (including diet sodas, which are loaded with chemical sweeteners) and make an effort to drink more water and green tea.
4. Make sure you get enough sleep. Sleep is a critical component of maintaining physical well-being. A lack of sleep will leave you feeling tired, grumpy, and depleted of energy — the polar opposite of how you want to feel!
Make an effort to get at least seven, if not eight hours of sleep per night. Put in a strict bedtime for yourself and don’t allow yourself to stay up too late reading, watching television, or wasting time on the internet.
Do something relaxing before bed — avoid watching scary movies or playing exciting video games before bed, as these will raise your heart rate and make it more difficult to fall asleep later. Instead of watching television, try reading a book, listening to soft music, or taking a relaxing bath.
Keep your bedroom dark and quiet, since bright lighting may lead to the false impression that it is daytime, preventing your body from falling asleep naturally. Provide as much comfort as you can in your bed and use clean, freshly laundered sheets.
Method 2 Feeling Mentally Amazing
1. Read a book on the subject. Books are amazing objects that are full of imagination and information, and reading is a form of mental exercise in and of itself.
Whether it’s a work of fiction, a historical account, or an encyclopaedia, reading will sharpen your mind and educate you while also making you feel more intelligent and informed about the world.
2. Begin learning a new language as soon as possible. Learning a new language is a rewarding endeavour that can also be extremely productive when done in one’s spare time.
Try to keep your attention on the conversational aspects of your new language rather than getting bogged down in grammar rules or tense learning.
Never forget that engaging in an authentic conversation with a native speaker will be far more rewarding than memorising verb tables!
3. Solve a few math problems. If you haven’t given your math skills any attention in a while, you might want to look for some fun and challenging problems to solve online to refresh your memory.
Despite the fact that it may appear to be a nerdy activity, it will help to keep your mind sharp and is far more rewarding than binge-watching Netflix!
4. Engage in a thought-provoking discussion. People these days are so preoccupied with communicating with one another through their phones, computers, and tablets that they have lost sight of the pleasures of simple conversation.
Turn off all electronic devices and sit down with a cup of tea or coffee to have a good, old-fashioned chinwag, whether it’s with your best friend, your grandmother, or someone you’ve never met before.
Gaining an understanding of another person’s unique insight or perspective is always beneficial, regardless of the subject matter under consideration.
5. Travel. Being exposed to a diverse range of new experiences and perspectives while travelling broadens your horizons.
Traveling to a new place and trying new things will be an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling fantastic, whether it’s climbing an active volcano in Central America or zipping around on a scooter in Rome.
Method 3 Feeling Emotionally Amazing
1. Spend time with your friends and family. In times like these, spending time with people who care about you can be the most beneficial activity.
Everyone from your best friends to your significant other to your siblings or parents could be there — as long as they are people who know you well, make you laugh and are able to remind you of how wonderful you are!
2. Spend some quality time with animals. People find that spending time with animals (particularly cute baby animals!) has an overall calming and relaxing effect on them, lifting their spirits and causing them to be more content in their own skin.
So, the next time you’re in need of an emotional lift, spend some time with your dog, cat, bunny, horse, donkey, or whatever other animal you can get your hands on to help!
Communicate with them, stroke them, or simply be present with them…you’ll soon feel amazing.
3. Give a hug to someone you care about. Give at least one hug every day if possible, as hugging has been scientifically proven to make you feel more happy. If you can manage it, a nice, tight bear hug for ten seconds is even better than a quick, one-armed hug.
4. Make a note in your journal. Write your thoughts down in a journal or diary instead of speaking with someone if you don’t feel like talking to anyone. It can be extremely cathartic.
It doesn’t matter if you burn the pages afterwards; it’s the act of writing something down and getting it off your chest that is important.
5. Carry out a good deed. Giving back to others will make you feel fantastic about yourself, while also making someone else’s day a little better.
Purchase a cup of coffee for the person in line behind you, leave an extra chocolate bar in the vending machine’s drawer, or make a charitable donation to a worthy cause.
Creative Commons License