Being healthier can be a huge undertaking, especially if you don’t have the necessary time or energy. However, there are small changes you can make to your lifestyle that will improve your health while allowing you to continue to be lazy. Eating differently, exercising slightly more, and making a few other small changes to your life can all help you to improve your health without having to make significant changes to your daily life.
Method 1 Eating Well
1. Eat your meals with the hand that is not your dominant hand. If you eat with your right hand, place your fork in your left hand during meals. Eating more slowly when you use your nondominant hand as your fork hand is a good thing. When you are satisfied but not bloated, it is time to stop eating. Generally speaking, you will eat more slowly and consume less food.
2. Include nutritious foods. Purchase those Milano cookies, but also make an effort to purchase frozen fruit for smoothies as well as snap pea crisps for snacking on throughout the day. Over time, make an effort to eat fewer cookies and more of the nutritious snacks you keep on hand.
3. A glass of water should be consumed before every meal. Water will help you feel fuller between meals, preventing you from overindulging at your next meal. Whether you’re at home or on the go, make it a habit to keep a water bottle close by at all times.
4. Take a cup of coffee. A study found that people who drink three to five cups of coffee a day are less likely to experience early signs of heart disease. Continue to enjoy your morning cup of coffee or that afternoon pick-me-up without missing a beat.
5. Consume food on smaller plates. People who eat from smaller plates tend to consume less food overall. If yours are large, consider purchasing a few inexpensive smaller plates and bowls. You’ll believe you’ve consumed more calories than you actually have.
6. Consume hot and spicy foods. Spicy foods may be beneficial in reducing your appetite. Use extra hot salsa, chilli peppers, or cayenne pepper to spice things up. Add it to your food to give it a little extra flavour and a little extra health!
Method 2 Exercising
1. Every hour, go for a two-minute walk. It will only take two minutes…you can do it! While you’re watching television, you can even walk around in circles around your couch. Walking will assist you in burning calories that would have otherwise been stored as fat if you had remained sedentary.
2. Take a step backwards. Always keep an eye out for what’s behind you. Walking backwards, even for brief periods of time, may have significant health benefits. Walking backwards will also engage muscles in a different way than walking forwards.
3. Get your metabolism going as soon as possible. If you have things to do, such as laundry, taking out the trash, or other household chores, complete them as soon as possible rather than waiting until later. This will help to jump-start your metabolic rate.
4. Instead of sitting, take a stand. You can continue to play video games or watch television, but make an effort to remain upright for at least half of the time you are doing so. It is possible to burn up to 750 additional calories per week if you stand for three hours a day.
Method 3 Making Other Healthy Choices
1. Press the snooze button a few times. Getting enough sleep helps to strengthen your immune system and lower your risk of developing inflammation, depression, and stress. A good night’s sleep is also beneficial in maintaining a healthy weight. It also improves your daily mood, allowing you to ensure that you are also taking care of your psychological well-being.
2. Make plans to hang out with your friends. It has been shown that spending time with friends can lower your stress level and may help you prevent inflammation as well as maintain a healthy blood pressure and heart rate. Take the time to hang out with a friend on weeknights as well, even when you’re exhausted from work or school duties. It’s good for you!
3. While at work, take a break and watch a funny video. Make time during your workday to watch a funny video of a cat or a puppy to break up the monotony. In the long run, you will have more energy and be happier as a result of this!
4. Pet your canine or feline companion. By simply looking at your animal’s face, you can release the “love hormone,” oxytocin, into your body. Spend some quality time with your pet and you’ll receive a boost of happiness in exchange.
5. Park a long distance away. You should always park at the far end of the parking lot so that you have to walk to your destination, even if it is fast food. Walking will help you burn more calories and get some exercise, even if it is only a short distance.
6. Increase the number of active games you play. Instead of playing games that require you to sit down, such as Xbox or PlayStation, try playing a game that requires you to move around, such as Wii Tennis or Dance Dance Revolution. You can also get out of the house and participate in paintball or laser tag games.
Creative Commons License