This emindsca teaches you how to cancel a pre-ordered item from GameStop.com. The payment method you selected will not be charged until 5 days before the item is ready for shipment. You should be able to cancel your pre-order online as long as you cancel before your card is charged. If you are unable to cancel your order online, you may do so by phone, email, or in-person at a GameStop store.
1. Enter your email address as well as your order confirmation number. Use the same email address that you used to place your order. The confirmation number can be found in the email receipt from GameStop.
2. In a web browser, navigate to https://www.gamestop.com/orders/. If you haven’t already signed into your GameStop account, you’ll be prompted to do so right away. This will display a list of your orders.
A pre-ordered item will not be charged to your credit card until about 5 days before it is released. You should be able to cancel your order online as long as your card has not been charged.
3. Select the order you want to cancel and click the Cancel button. Details about the order, including self-service options, will be displayed.
4. If the option is available, click Cancel order. If this option is available, click to confirm the cancellation and then follow the on-screen instructions. If you cannot cancel the order, proceed to the next step.
If you are unable to cancel your order because you have already been charged, you may return the unopened item for a full refund for up to 30 days (unless you ordered a tablet, in which case you have only 14 days).
5. If you are unable to cancel online, please contact GameStop. If your credit card has already been charged, you must contact GameStop directly to cancel. You can contact us by email, phone, or in person:
Fill out the form at https://www.gamestop.com/contact/ to send an email. Choose Online Order from the “CATEGORY” drop-down menu, and enter your order number in the “ORDER NUMBER” field. Include your reason for cancellation in the message.
Phone: GameStop’s customer service department is open seven days a week, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST). Call them at 1-800-883-8895 to cancel your reservation.
In-store: Bring a valid ID and proof of purchase to your local GameStop. The name on the ID must match the name used to purchase the pre-order. To locate the nearest store, go to https://www.gamestop.com/stores/.
Creative Commons License