You can connect your controller to your Xbox in two ways: wirelessly or wiredly using a USB to Micro-USB cable. This ehowto will show you how to use both methods to connect your Xbox Controller to your Xbox One.
Method 1 Connecting Wirelessly
1. Start your Xbox One console. If you hold the unit horizontally, you’ll notice the power button on the right side.
2. Replace the batteries in your controller. Some Xbox remote models, such as the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and the Xbox Adaptive Controller, include built-in batteries and a USB-C charging cable. Other Xbox controller models require AA batteries or rechargeable batteries to function.
You can purchase an Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, which includes a rechargeable battery and a charging cable.
3. Hold down the Xbox button on your controller. This is the large circular button with the Xbox logo in the centre of your controller.
The button should flash to indicate that it is unpaired and seeking a connection.
When the Xbox button on your controller flashes, you can release it.
4. On the console, press the bind button. If your Xbox One X or Xbox One S is horizontally oriented, this button will be located on the right side of the unit’s face, just below the power button.
The bind button on the original Xbox One is a circular button on the side, around the edge of the unit from the disc tray.
5. Hold down the bind/sync button on the controller. This is the circular button on the controller’s top (not the Xbox button).
When you see the Xbox button flash a few more times, release this button.
Your controller is connected to your console if the Xbox button remains lit.
Method 2 Connecting via a USB to Micro-USB Cable
1. Connect the cable’s micro-USB end to your remote. Plug the USB-C end of the cable into your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller if you have one.
If you use a cable, the controller does not require batteries.
2. Connect the cable’s other end to your console. USB ports can be found on the front or sides of your Xbox console.
3. Start your Xbox. To turn it on, press the Xbox button on the controller or the power button on the console.
To indicate that your controller is connected to a console, the Xbox button on the controller should light up and stay lit.
Creative Commons License