Relationships can be both exciting and difficult, especially if you’ve been with your partner for a long time. It can be difficult to rekindle the spark of excitement that existed in the beginning of your relationship, but it is not impossible! Above all, adventure is a choice that you can make for your partner on a daily basis in small but significant ways.
Method 1 Spicing up Your Everyday Life
1. Reconnect and get to know each other again. When you’ve been with someone for a long time, it’s natural to feel as if you know everything about them. People, on the other hand, are extremely complex, and there is always something new to learn! Spend some time discussing new topics to help spice things up again.
For example, if they enjoy something that you don’t, try asking them what they like about it.
2. Spend the day in bed with your partner and relax. Traveling on the spur of the moment does not have to be difficult! You can decide to spend the entire day in bed at random. You can either play around under the covers or catch up on your favourite TV show, depending on your mood. You have a choice!
You can add a personal touch by serving breakfast in bed to your partner.
3. Introduce your partner to some new and exciting foods. Consider the types of foods you and your partner frequently consume, as well as the cuisines you typically avoid. Order takeout from a restaurant you’ve never visited before, or order a dish you’ve never tried before. Something as simple as a plate of food can sometimes add a little excitement and adventure to your relationship.
For example, if you and your partner usually order Italian food, try an Indian restaurant instead.
Make an exciting new dish for your partner at home as an added surprise!
4. Experiment with a new hobby or activity with your partner. Sign up for a class or begin experimenting with a new activity at home. It could be something you’re both interested in but have never tried before, or something your partner enjoys but you’ve never done before. Experiment with various activities to keep both you and your partner guessing!
You could, for example, sign up for tango dancing lessons or try paintball.
5. Take your partner to the gym or an exercise class. Check with your local gym to see if they are offering any special classes. Sign up for a yoga, Zumba, or other workout that gets your heart rate up. If your local gym does not offer any of these classes, spend some time getting hot and sweaty on the regular equipment with your friends.
Check to see if your gym offers any couples classes as an added bonus.
6. Send each other romantic poems or emails. Create a love letter or poem for your significant other. Instead of handing it to them, send it to them via email or snail mail. Sending cheesy or romantic messages to your partner in an unusual way can add a fun dash of adventure to your relationship.
For example, you can schedule an email to be sent to your partner’s email when you know they’ll be at work.
7. Go out with mutual friends and have a good time. Invite a few of your friends to join you and your partner on a double or group date. Visit a restaurant, a bar, a movie, or do something else enjoyable and active.
Spending time with other people can increase your appreciation for your partner and relationship.
8. Send a unique, secret message to your partner. Leave a loving note in an unexpected place, such as your partner’s wallet. Send messages in very subtle ways, such as on a receipt or a bill.
Method 2 Planning Impulsive Trips and Visits
1. Take a day trip with your partner on the spur of the moment. Discuss with your partner a destination you’d like to visit, such as a campground or a local museum. Try to plan an outing as soon as possible, as long as your work schedule allows it. On your spontaneous day or afternoon out, spend some relaxing bonding time while having fun!
For example, if you live near the coast, you can plan a hike in a nearby park.
If you prefer more relaxed vacations, you can go to the beach or spend the day window shopping.
2. Participate in a daring, scary activity as a group. Visit an amusement park, try skydiving, or do something else that will get your adrenaline pumping. You can make a fun memory while also increasing arousal for a steamy night later on.
If you don’t want to go out, you can always watch a scary movie.
You’ll begin to associate adrenaline and arousal with your partner if you do scary things with them.
3. Make plans with your partner for an unexpected getaway. Consider a place you’ve always wanted to visit, whether it’s in your own town or in another country. If your work schedule permits, plan the trip as soon as possible. You can also collaborate with travel agencies to arrange a mystery trip for you and your partner.
For example, if you enjoy nature and hiking, you and your partner could go on a vacation to a national park.
Plan a beach vacation or a casino vacation if you enjoy relaxing and lounging.
4. Surprise your partner by paying them a visit at work. Take note of your partner’s usual work schedule and try to drop by during their lunch break. Try not to hint that you’re going to visit them so that your partner is completely surprised when you show up.
Method 3 Enhancing Your Relationship Physically
1. Allow yourself to express your personal fantasies. Be open with your partner about what you want to try in the bedroom. You can have an open discussion to see if your significant other is willing to give it a shot. If nothing else, these discussions can help you and your partner become closer!
For example, the next time you have sex, ask your partner if you can take the lead.
You are not required to share anything you do not wish to.
2. Try out some new sex positions and toys. Talk to your partner about changing things up a little in the bedroom. Try out some new sex positions or experiment with some safe toys if they’re interested. Try something new, which can add a little spice and excitement to both your sex life and relationship.
If you’re going to try something a little more challenging, like BDSM, have a safe word ready for both you and your partner’s safety.
Ask your partner if they’d like to try the Pretzel Dip, Face-off, or Leap Frog.
3. Add a personal touch to your relationship. Look for chances to hold your partner’s hand or kiss them on the lips or cheeks. While not a game changer, you can spice up your relationship by making life’s mundane moments a little more intimate.
4. Increase the amount of sex in your relationship. Instead of saving sex for special occasions, try to make it a regular, spontaneous part of your bedroom routine. Talk to your partner to see if they’d like to have sex more frequently, and then take it from there.
Remember that sex is about being intimate and initiating with your partner. If your partner isn’t interested in changing up their sex life, there are plenty of other enjoyable ways to be intimate.
Creative Commons License